I’ve always loved freebies. I’m not as obsessive about it as some people but I take time each day to check out a couple freebie/deal boards to keep an eye out for free products or samples or other neat ways of getting items free or extremely cheap. And getting engaged at Christmas opened me up to entirely new category of awesome promotions.
Let me introduce you to something I never knew about before: gifts with wedding registry. Companies will give you items for free, just for adding a certain amount of their product to your wedding registry. Think of it like pre-wedding gifts!
Now, a note: These promotions are intended for legitimate engaged couples. Creating false registries or providing false information can lead to fraud charges as it would constitute mail fraud. Besides it being morally wrong, you could get in real, legal, jail-time trouble if you obtain such gifts illegally. I do not condone any abuse of these offers.
- WÜSTHOF – Register for $200 of qualifying Wüsthof products and you’ll receive a Wüsthof Gourmet 3 piece Bridal Set, including 4 ½” Utility Knife, 3″ Spear Point Paring Knife, and a Bar Board.
- SHUN – Register for $450 of Shun cutlery and you’ll receive a Shun Herb Shear.
- CALPHALON – Register for $500 of qualifying Calphalon products and you’ll receive a Calphalon Unison 8″ Fry Pan.
- REIDEL – Register for $500 of qualifying Riedel products and you’ll receive a polishing cloth.
(Register at your choice of stores that carry the brand.)
- Anolon Advanced Bronze 1 Qt Pour Saucepan – Register for $400 or more of any Anolon product and receive this free 1 Qt pour Saucepan.
- CALPHALON – Register for $400 or more of qualifying Calphalon products and receive a Calphalon Stainless Steel Trivet (a $16.99 value) as our gift to you.
- CIRCULON – Receive a two-cup, petite saucepan when you register for $300 or more of any Circulon product.
- WILTON ARMETALE – Receive a free small heart dish when you register for $300 or more of Wilton Armetale products. (value $15)
All of these items pictured I’ve received as gift with registry! It’s so exciting to have UPS or FedEx knock on your door with a package for you!
There are also a TON of “gift with completion” out there as well. These are when someone buys a certain amount of product off your registry, you then qualify for an additional gift from many companies! For example, for registering for the Wüsthof knives, I got the 3-piece set, and if someone were to buy $450 in their products for me (I wish! LOL) I would then be able to get a 3″ knife as well. Completion gifts are “gift with gift” basically. 🙂
There are more out there, this is just a small sampling of some of the offers I’ve seen and/or that I felt were a good offer. If you have others, please feel free to share!
ALWAYS read the fine print! Sometimes rebates must be postmarked by a certain date or the wedding date must fall in certain perimeters or other specific details. In all cases, you will need to print out copies of your registry showing the items on the list (I would highlight the items specific to the offer to ensure they were not overlooked) and a rebate/offer form as well. These need to be mailed by good old fashioned snail mail. Some companies send you an email acknowledging the offer submission, some do not. (Hence the surprise knocks on the door from delivery people!) It’s best to keep a list of what offer you submitted and when, along with the original offer details in case there are any questions or problems later.
With a little work and a lot of fun, you can not only have an amazing dream registry, but you can get some congratulation gifts as well!
Miss M. and Mr. S. Amazon Wedding Registry