I work so much in the realistic, I decided instead to make a collection of whimsical, Sci Fi / Fantasy-inspired full moon trees instead. I wanted pieces that were dream-like, or could be found on another planet, or maybe in some deep corner of Faerie. All of them use bright, bold, vivid colors.
- The aqua blue, I thought of a mermaid and this crowning jewel in her underwater treasure chest, reflecting the Caribbean blue seas of her home.
- The pink? I envisioned some far, alien world with magenta skies ablaze with a pink moon.
- The black and red I made because I was thinking about True Blood coming back. The popularity of the modern, dark and romantic vampire was my inspiration, celebrating the night sky.
- The purple, I dreamed of some Faerie noble woman, resplendent in her gown of gossamer, wearing the royal colors at the gala ball.
- And lastly, the navy blue and silver one was closer to home; a piece of midnight sky encircling a blue moon.
As you can see, I let my imagination roam with these pieces! Grin It was fun to do something so outside the box and colorful and fantastic just for the sake of being wondrous and different.
What kind of fantasy or sci fi things would you create? What do you see when you see these pieces? I told you my inspiration but the wonderful thing about dreamscapes is that they can be anything!
What imaginary setting did I forget to include and what should I do next? I’m having great fun with them!